You’ve been using your iPad for a while now, and it’s starting to slow down or malfunction. After several searches on the internet and various forums, you do not know how to improve its performance.
It’s time to reset your iPad to refurbish it and especially remove any traces of your stored data, especially if you want to give it away or sell it to someone. Your iPad will be like the first day and ready to be used again. No risk if you want to offer it or sell it to someone!
In this article, you’ll discover several ways to easily reset your iPad to factory settings with or without iTunes and iCloud!
How does IPad Pro/Air/Mini reset in factory mode with iTunes?
For the factory reset of your iPad, this will be done quickly if you have iTunes.
First, you need to prepare your device for the reset, which consists of a complete cleaning of your iPad. It is therefore very important to save everything beforehand.
First of all:
- Get your device ready by erasing your iPad data. It is necessary to have the latest version of iTunes, otherwise, you will have to erase the data without a computer.
- Before you reset your device and want to save the information on your iPad, back up your data.
Then, to put the factory settings back on your iPad:
- Open iTunes on your computer (Mac or PC).
- Connect your iPad to your computer using a USB cable, usually provided with your device.
- Press “Trust this computer.”
- Select your iPad when it appears on iTunes.
- In the “Summary” tab, click “Restore.”
- Click “Restore” again to confirm the process.
- Your device will be ready to be configured as a “New Device.”
After all these actions, iTunes will delete all of your data on the iPad and the latest version of iOS will be installed on your device.
However, this method is more complicated if you have forgotten your access codes, or if your device is blocked… For a more practical alternative method, read on.
How do you reset your iPad to factory settings without iTunes?
Tenorshare ReiBoot adalah program yang nyaman dan mudah digunakan yang akan memungkinkan Anda untuk mengatur ulang iPad Anda tanpa ICloud atau iTunes! Dengan alat ini, Anda juga dapat memperbaiki semua masalah iOS.
First download ReiBoot software to your Windows or Mac computer. It will only take a few minutes.
Then follow all of these steps:
- Open ReiBoot on your computer (PC or Mac). Connect your iPad with a USB cable. When your device is recognized, click “Repair the Operating System”
- Go in advanced mode to make the process faster.
- In advanced mode, click “Repair Now” to start downloading. When the firmware download is complete, start retrieving the system by clicking “Repair.”
The process will take about 10 minutes, do not disconnect your iPad. Once the process is complete, your iPad will restart and be as new!
ReiBoot is the software to restore an iPad that is powerful and secure. Once the software is downloaded, it will help you solve iOS system problems, enter and exit recovery mode for free (5 times), restore iOS to normal without data loss.
How do I do an iPad factory reset with iCloud?
iCloud makes it easy to save and make it easier to set up a new device or restore data in factory mode for an existing iPad.
To remove content from your iPad, use the “Find My iPhone” feature on iCloud. To do this, “Find My iPhone” must have been configured beforehand on your device.
Remotely, the activation lock remains active to protect your iPad. It is therefore necessary to have the Apple ID and password in mind.
Here are the steps to follow:
- On icloud.com, enter your Apple ID and password to log in.
- Go to “Find My iPhone” and click “All Devices” and select the device in question.
- To erase the data, answer security questions if requested.
- Then click “Clear the iPhone.”
This method is convenient but may block you if you don’t know your password. In addition, some content may be poorly removed from iCloud and remain accessible and recoverable by evil robots or users.
To reset, you can use iTunes and iCloud. But with ReiBoot, you only need access to a computer to delete your data. Restoring your device in factory mode will be done quickly and without a trace! It’s up to you to choose the most convincing solution!